In pursuit of healthy practices for everyone and keeping Central Texas safe, we will be postponing PROMRack 2020. We will reschedule as soon as possible. The preparation and delivery model are extensive and intimate as we prepare for the event. We are grateful to Austin Independent School District (AISD) and the many sponsors, volunteers, and individuals that have donated their time talents and treasures for these 17 years.
We took this action for all the right reasons, the health and well-being of our students, volunteers, families, and the community who attend each year. The COVID-19 (coronavirus) has been confirmed in our community, and we are all responsible for acting where we can. We are following the safety measures outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the move to a National Emergency and a statewide disaster declaration requires deliberate actions from everyone.
Finally, my best guess is that we will have more opportunities to get tested within the next thirty days, but the cure has yet to be completely visualized to meet the schedule. Health entities and the CDC shares these preventive measures.
1. Event cancellations for large group gatherings.
2. Large groups are known to have the most robust opportunity to spread the virus from an infected person, regardless of whether someone is showing symptoms or not.
3. Be cautious when traveling and interacting with people.
4. Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
5. Avoiding shaking hands and other physical contacts.
I suggest you check our website, FB, and IG frequently to stay informed. Thank you for your constant support of PROMRack.
Copyright © 2019 Write to Me Foundation - All Rights Reserved.